Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Year of the Dragon

Did you know that 2012 in the Chinese New Year is the Year of the Dragon?

I kinda like that. There’s something powerful and mysterious about a dragon. Dragons usually appear with a body like a huge lizard, or a snake with two pairs of lizard-type legs, able to emit fire from its mouth. The European dragon has bat-type wings growing from its back. An American dragon might be seen in a New England Patriots cap and holding a bolt-action rifle. Hence no need for the fiery breath, or the wings. Or anything else European, for that matter.

I think 2012 will be a great year. Here’s why:

• Novel #3 will be released later this year through my new publisher, Navigator Books.

• My eldest son will guide a tour of Israel for a group that will include his mom and dad. My middle son’s non-profit will start benefiting orphans who at this moment have no hope. My daughter’s small business will start acting mid-sized.

• I’ll get another terrific annual treat and get to see my grandkids play baseball and soccer.

• My sciatic nerve will stop being angry with me, my wife’s knee will be scoped and fixed, and we'll celebrate being pain-free with a Mexican dinner in Marietta.

• My kids and grandkids will fight the successful fight with the allergies that so exasperate them.

• The Atlanta Braves will give Chipper Jones a National League pennant and a chance for a World Series ring as his fabulous career comes to an end.

• The Georgia Bulldogs will win the SEC and get to the national-championship game.

• The U.S. economy will gain even more traction and put more Americans back to work.

• There will be a national election in November (Thank God!).

Here’s hoping the very best for you and yours in 2012!

No comments:

Post a Comment