Thursday, September 2, 2010

And The Winner Is . . .

I was notified last month that my novel Shall Never See So Much was a finalist for a Readers Favorite award. The awards are Gold, Silver, Bronze, and Honorable Mention. There were five books as finalists in the Historical Fiction category out of all the novels entered.

Waiting a month for the final results has been a bit of a tense proposition.

With five books and four awards, one can get left out, you see. One thinks about that when considering the full range of possibilities.

Alas, not to worry.

Shall Never See So Much has been awarded the Bronze prize. It is now an "award winning" novel. I suppose by extension that makes me an "award winning" author. I confess I like the sound of both.

Now I can take a deep breath and relax. I'm sure I'll need an antacid after all this. Hmm, I wonder if the label on the antacid says "award winning"? (Oh stop it, for crying out loud!).

In any event, it's finally over. I'm grateful for the judges who chose my book. And I'm grateful for the readers who have bought it.

And I'm grateful for your reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment